InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

Forgot Password?

Option not recommended on shared computers

Don't have an account yet?

InfinityHub

InfinityHub chat thread

UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 7
    Rep : 2

Reputation points:

InfinityHub chat thread - Page 6 Empty Re: InfinityHub chat thread

Post by UnicornPrancer Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:14 pm

The leapfrogging will return! :D Maybe AnimeOSTs will also return someday.... maybe...
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 38
    Rep : 4

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:02 pm

yeah, I hope so, the day will come in which the sun will raise and shine again in all its former glory, today you people haven't come at this time =O, no leapfrogging today it seems.
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:46 pm

I was watching Shirobako. xD Besides, it's getting late here so I'm signing off soon. :p Maybe tomorrow vic. Maybe tomorrow.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 47

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:21 am

Lol i have little clue what you all are talking about :lol!Unsure
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:54 am

Indeed. Forgive us Brandon. Old memories whisked us away. We're like old people talking about the good old days. :p
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:24 pm

yep, old memories arising in the night of time. Leapfrogging is when some few users post rapidly one after another in a thread (the worst case is just 2 persons), just in case XP, and we did that a lot on certain threads like in forum games in that other forum we spoke about: animeosts, I remember that as in this thread (and the kill the user above thread) they didn't count towards the count of posts of the user (I think the only think that doesn't count in here is the hub points, the posts published does add up in your posts count).
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:59 pm

That's pretty much how to describe leapfrogging. xD And we used to ninja each other too... usually when we were busy leapfrogging. xD
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Oh ok, I thought it was trying to discuss multiple things at once. Smile
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 95
    Rep : 12

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:37 pm

@brandon_g (replying to a slightly earlier message)
    I was active from when Jalokim was still a moderator on FM, and when TestJalCSS and Ego One were all the heat on FM. There was also Dion. But they've all left FM for a long time already, and I left after Ego One fell. Only came back recently cause I felt like stretching my coding tendons a bit. Tongue out Never had a forum myself back then, but I was a mod on another forum called World Dezign.

UnicornPrancer wrote:Indeed. Forgive us Brandon. Old memories whisked us away. We're like old people talking about the good old days. :p

You are old Prancey. You're 20 already. Tongue out laughing

VicmxD wrote:yep, old memories arising in the night of time. Leapfrogging is when some few users post rapidly one after another in a thread (the worst case is just 2 persons), just in case XP, and we did that a lot on certain threads like in forum games in that other forum we spoke about: animeosts, I remember that as in this thread (and the kill the user above thread) they didn't count towards the count of posts of the user (I think the only think that doesn't count in here is the hub points, the posts published does add up in your posts count).

Perceptive as always Vic Smile There's currently no way for me to allocate which forum category will contribute to the post count and which doesn't. So your HubPoints will be the one telling others how much are you involved in topics outside of this Random Crap category. But HubPoints are spendable, which makes it hard to determine by HubPoints alone later on.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:33 am

Thanks Japo, well we are a bunch of old young adults of the second decade, it's just luck that we are contemporary people XD, you will get there too brandon XP, and brandon made his first kill! you killed me on an electric chair XD (how it felt? the juicy blood boiling in the veins? exhilarating!), well that is just me over hyped, I like to write like that from time to time Tongue out , feel free to kill me again at any time.

I'm kinda lazy, I don't know when but I hope that I or we could add some of the other forum game threads, like ask the user above or rate the avatar, what would you say... remembering (or more content that we like); I'm thinking about it, but, really I'm lazy to try to add new content. I will eventually, I hope to collaborate more in here, but I'm kinda comfortable like this.
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:46 pm

hmmm... I feel so much older than I actually am. Always have. At the moment I feel like I'm 170. xD
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:18 pm

VicmxD wrote:Thanks Japo, well we are a bunch of old young adults of the second decade, it's just luck that we are contemporary people XD, you will get there too brandon XP, and brandon made his first kill! you killed me on an electric chair XD (how it felt? the juicy blood boiling in the veins? exhilarating!), well that is just me over hyped, I like to write like that from time to time Tongue out , feel free to kill me again at any time.

I'm kinda lazy, I don't know when but I hope that I or we could add some of the other forum game threads, like ask the user above or rate the avatar, what would you say... remembering (or more content that we like); I'm thinking about it, but, really I'm lazy to try to add new content. I will eventually, I hope to collaborate more in here, but I'm kinda comfortable like this.

We should act our age... No... Bad joke.
    We're speak in a way that's too old for our age sometimes. But still, I like it this way. Better way of sharing for me. xD

We can probably add a new game thread soon. Just to spice up the forum a little more. :D We can take our time, I wouldn't mind too much.

UnicornPrancer wrote:hmmm... I feel so much older than I actually am. Always have. At the moment I feel like I'm 170. xD

You? 170? Maybe physically if you've been busy but I don't think you'd ever feel that way mentally. Tongue out
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:10 am

Japorized, honestly I never heard of those former staff members you mentioned from FM. When I left 2 years ago there was Kirk, Sanket, MR.Mario, slg (now SLGRay), Sir Chivas (but I think he was gfx designer back then) and typlo and a couple others.
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:22 am

Japorized wrote:You? 170? Maybe physically if you've been busy but I don't think you'd ever feel that way mentally. Razz
    I think I've broken your system and found a way to feel old mentally. xD *celebrates 189th birthday*
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Bravo!, happy 237 birthday to you!, man that is just laziness, lack of activity-new exciting stuff and boredom XD, I remember days that I felt like that, but there are lots of ways to feel young again and you should know since you are an unicorn an all, magical, with a horn and farting rainbows, all that magnificent.

Well at least you are giving life back to FM Brandon XP, contributors will rise and fall, in this generation maybe you will be the one being remembered, dedicating with a good heart to collaborate with that project, if you like to do it then keep going, without FM we don't have this little comfy niche XD.

And I'm just here comfortable after drinking a coffee and having a good morning Tongue out . How are you guys, how is te coding?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:27 pm

I suppose. I will tell you how my (css) coding is going, it is boring because I have to play with a pixel and work is at a near stand still aand my pro admin who is supposed to handle the code stuff is busy with a capital B.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:09 pm

brandon_g wrote:Japorized, honestly I never heard of those former staff members you mentioned from FM. When I left 2 years ago there was Kirk, Sanket, MR.Mario, slg (now SLGRay), Sir Chivas (but I think he was gfx designer back then) and typlo and a couple others.

I left 5 years ago actually. Tongue out It was really long ago. Sanket's just became a mod for a few months when I first joined. Mr Mario's been there forever. I don't remember Kirk very much (cause I hardly saw him back then) but I left shortly after Sir Chivas became a mod I think.

UnicornPrancer wrote:I think I've broken your system and found a way to feel old mentally. xD *celebrates 189th birthday*

Come learn how to code, and you'll feel either even older, or much younger. Tongue out Happy 190th birthday btw Tongue out laughing

VicmxD wrote:And I'm just here comfortable after drinking a coffee and having a good morning Tongue out . How are you guys, how is te coding?

I'm packing up to go back to around my campus to settle my problem, which I said was troubling me earlier. There's this subject that I have to take but it isn't offered in the next semester. It's my last semester, and if I don't have that subject done, I might get my offer pulled back by the university which I've planned to transfer to. It's big problem for me.

As for coding, I'm wasting my leisure time on designing redesigning my blog. Tongue out I feel less stressed out doing this. The problem with my subject is pretty bad, and I can't really sleep well with it bugging me.

brandon_g wrote:I suppose. I will tell you how my (css) coding is going, it is boring because I have to play with a pixel and work is at a near stand still aand my pro admin who is supposed to handle the code stuff is busy with a capital B.

Don't hold back to ask for help if you need one. I can't go into your codes but I can share my limited knowledge with you.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:46 pm

I hope you can tackle over that problem, I hope that with your situation, a little push in the directives, teachers or office people and with some letters, I'm sure something can be done, since it's a special situation, keep going and do whatever you can in your power, then it will become a reality, at least that is what I wish XP, good luck japo! enjoy your days =P
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:49 pm

There isn't enough lecturers on the staff's side. I do have an idea which is to hire a resigned lecturer, part time. I still need to get a number of people on my side to make that work though. If it doesn't, it's gonna be a real pain in the arse. I've talked to the current two heads of my department, one doesn't have any idea on how to help me (I've yet to tell her about my idea) and the other said that I should give my idea a shot.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:03 pm

yes you should, in sociology, that always happens, our contemporary group is really numerous, so there is nearly always a lack of teachers, so if we want to have every subject and we should, we demand it and they have to provide it, it's their fault if they can't guarantee our education, and they have to, they are obliged to, I don't know the university's law, but we got our way and they make contests for teachers, at least they respond and deliver and we are all happy. It may help you to read the law of the university in your country and your college rules, but always try to enter in win-win approaches and situations, not in conflictive mode, with a good and collaborative actitud, lots of things can be made. Go for it!.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:56 pm

Well I have a information packet I could pm you if you want... maybe you can have a look and/or  tinker with it for me tyen the code back. My information is very thorough and to the point. You up for it?
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Well... today looks like it was active... xD Can't believe I missed it.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:30 pm

VicmxD wrote:yes you should, in sociology, that always happens, our contemporary group is really numerous, so there is nearly always a lack of teachers, so if we want to have every subject and we should, we demand it and they have to provide it, it's their fault if they can't guarantee our education, and they have to, they are obliged to, I don't know the university's law, but we got our way and they make contests for teachers, at least they respond and deliver and we are all happy. It may help you to read the law of the university in your country and your college rules, but always try to enter in win-win approaches and situations, not in conflictive mode, with a good and collaborative actitud, lots of things can be made. Go for it!.

My lecturers and staff are all very helpful but can be rather conservative when it comes to solving problems. But that's the general culture of my country. Or rather, we have a lot of ideas, but none of em are ever put to good use or practised.
    And many think that it's wrong to challenge the teachers, tutors, or your elders in anyway. We get chastized if we ever utter a word of complain or dissatisfaction to an adult's wrongdoing or lack of ability. Not that I really care anyway. Tongue out laughing I do do whatever I think is right, without regards to one's age, particularly to those more senior than I do.

brandon_g wrote:Well I have a information packet I could pm you if you want... maybe you can have a look and/or  tinker with it for me tyen the code back. My information is very thorough and to the point. You up for it?

My abilities only go around HTML, CSS, jQuery and some Javascript. I will if you're fine with me.

UnicornPrancer wrote:Well... today looks like it was active... xD Can't believe I missed it.

Everyone gets your sarcasm Prancey... Tongue out

By the way, I'm back in my cubical. xD
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:58 pm

If I remmeber correctly you coded this entire design yourself.... your skill is much higher then mine right  now, besides I have a test forum to try the codes in. PM sent. If you thinl you can do anything with it please let me know and pm back the results, I am willing to try all.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:07 am

Yep, every culture has its ups and downs, and there is beauty (and disasters) in it XD, welcome back to continuous internet!, get comfy and have a cup of coffee japo =P.

Oh coding time! it may make the internet crumble! (or give you hours of long lines with patterns of characters, the good side is that there will be coffee making you company!)

well it was your turn to miss it Unicorn, at least you watched some anime, so there may be a little regret XP?

Sponsored content

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:28 am