InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

Forgot Password?

Option not recommended on shared computers

Don't have an account yet?

InfinityHub

InfinityHub chat thread

brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 47
    Rep : 4

Reputation points:

InfinityHub chat thread - Page 18 Empty Re: InfinityHub chat thread

Post by brandon_g Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:39 am

Welcome back Prancey!

Yeah they have struck a deal, but Greece's finicial credibility and stablitity is still very much in question. As I said, this is the 3rd time they have been bailed out, it will probably be last, they probably did it this time relucantly as well. A combiniation of feeling sorry for the Greek people and major pressure from other countries and the media.

Bottom line is... It most likely will happen again. Thats why I think starting their own currency now would be their best bet in my opinion.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 38

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:32 am

Long time no see guys, sorry for not talking too much at all, or not writing a huge will on my behalf, but at least I'm making presence to show that I'm alive XD, maybe not kicking too much, but alive, only 2 weeks left for this hell of a semester to end, and see if I survived, oh i wish. Good luck prancey on your papers, I may use that word on things to do next time japo "kill", maybe it will motivate me as my hate towards excessive duties is already exacerbated, still I can't imagine how it would be to be on your place, visa, crazy bosses, studies and work at all.
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 7
    Rep : 2

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:34 pm

I also got about two weeks left of my term. Unfortunately they are exams. Busy as I feel, I think I don't have much to complain about next to Pori-chan and Captain... xD Oh well, we'll see what happens. We'll all get a holiday soon enough I guess.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 95
    Rep : 12

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:46 pm

brandon_g wrote:Yeah they have struck a deal, but Greece's finicial credibility and stablitity is still very much in question. As I said, this is the 3rd time they have been bailed out, it will probably be last, they probably did it this time relucantly as well. A combiniation of feeling sorry for the Greek people and major pressure from other countries and the media.

Bottom line is... It most likely will happen again. Thats why I think starting their own currency now would be their best bet in my opinion.
    Changing your outer appearance won't mean changing how people perceive you. It's going to be hard for them to walk back onto the stage where people are more confident with them.

VicmxD wrote:Long time no see guys, sorry for not talking too much at all, or not writing a huge will on my behalf, but at least I'm making presence to show that I'm alive XD
    Good thing is that we're still alive, and maybe still sane xD I hope we're still sane, and that the inner part of our personality isn't much too twisted as of yet. Tongue out laughing

VicmxD wrote:I may use that word on things to do next time japo "kill", maybe it will motivate me as my hate towards excessive duties is already exacerbated
    You actually are, cause you have to kill the root of the grass (problem) to make sure that it doesn't grow back (things that happen if you didn't finish your job clean enough)

VicmxD wrote:still I can't imagine how it would be to be on your place, visa, crazy bosses, studies and work at all.
    At least I've finished my studies for now. It's only two final big things to do before the end of this chapter. I feel like I'd just crash as a landing. xD

UnicornPrancer wrote:I also got about two weeks left of my term. Unfortunately they are exams. Busy as I feel, I think I don't have much to complain about next to Pori-chan and Captain... xD Oh well, we'll see what happens. We'll all get a holiday soon enough I guess.
    It's my last week! The last thing that I have to do is next Monday, and I'll be a free man Jump , temporarily.
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Wow... You have enough quotes there pori? xD Lucky you with your one week left. I wish I had that little. Bu you better enjoy your holiday when it comes. God knows you've earned it.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:10 am

Yep, enjoy your holiday Japorized! Smile
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 pm

How's work going Brandon? Having fun? :p
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:04 am

Going good, getting more hours. They are giving me further training to be their weekend opener and closer, pretty much become a senior staff member that is kinda like a shift leader, meaning they can do everything, task wise. As a result, they are kinda in charge for their shift, granted the owners arent there.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:14 am

UnicornPrancer wrote:Wow... You have enough quotes there pori? xD
    I like quoting. Tongue out

Lucky you with your one week left. I wish I had that little. (But) you better enjoy your holiday when it comes. God knows you've earned it.
    It's still a lot of things to do though. I'm working like a half a madman now.
    And there's likely no holiday for me. Maybe a day or two, but not for a week or more. x(

brandon_g wrote:Going good, getting more hours. They are giving me further training to be their weekend opener and closer, pretty much become a senior staff member that is kinda like a shift leader, meaning they can do everything, task wise. As a result, they are kinda in charge for their shift, granted the owners arent there.
    It's a good recognition. They wouldn't just let anyone do that after all. It's more work, of course, but also more pay
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Ok, so brandon is climbing the corporate ladder XD, on weekends Sad, for me that isn't so good, but if it works for you then fine XD.

=/ poor japo, at least you have something to occupe your time XD, and I hope with not too much pressure as before, in my case I have a month beginning in the end of the next week, and semi free, because I still got italian course until the end of the vacations, so jay! (without animosity), I don't know if I will approve italian course because I have little time to study italian, if I pass this one, maybe I will join the next level beginning the next semester, lets see how all goes.

So how are your exams our great faithful friend unicorn (that will scorch us alive with no doubt if we attempt something against his nekogirls).
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:11 am

I dont know about that Japo, more like more hours. :D
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:56 pm

well guys, I'm finally free, with a sour taste none the least, I don't feel proud, quite ashamed indeed, I did some mistakes, bad time management, for the vicmxd of today it was quite a high bar that he couldn't reach properly, he is capable, but not for this season, I think I will study in these vacations to surpass what I couldn't this time, and see how I can better myself so I don't make some bad decisions again, I feel quite ashamed right now, even with some of the higher notes on some stuff, I couldn't pass others (I approved 1 of 2 subjects), and one I was pretty near of surpassing it, and I had some of the better notes on researches and monographs, still I didn't spend the right time to study all what I had to in the theory side of the subject, and fell on most of the exams by little.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Oh Vic, don't feel down on your self. You did what you could, you just weren't ready yet. You WILL pass it next time! :D
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 am

brandon_g wrote:I dont know about that Japo, more like more hours. :D
    More hours of work = More moola Smile It's a more positive way of seeing things. But if amount of moola earned < perceived tradeoff, then maybe that doesn't work out so well.

VicmxD wrote:well guys, I'm finally free, with a sour taste none the least, I don't feel proud, quite ashamed indeed, I did some mistakes, bad time management, for the vicmxd of today it was quite a high bar that he couldn't reach properly, he is capable, but not for this season, I think I will study in these vacations to surpass what I couldn't this time, and see how I can better myself so I don't make some bad decisions again, I feel quite ashamed right now, even with some of the higher notes on some stuff, I couldn't pass others (I approved 1 of 2 subjects), and one I was pretty near of surpassing it, and I had some of the better notes on researches and monographs, still I didn't spend the right time to study all what I had to in the theory side of the subject, and fell on most of the exams by little.
    C'mon Vic, don't be too sad about it. Take it as a path to grow. I had that same experience before, getting a fail in my exams (and it was the only fail I've ever had in my whole life!). I won't deny that it's a painful experience, but it serves as something to remind me to go even higher than I could.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks guys, I kinda have a headache right now since I'm writing these before the lunch, but I'm replying XP, your massages are comforting, it's good to support each other in any situation, now my plan is keep studying the subjects I have to repeat in these vacations, and well, I'm not so free either, since I'm studying Italian, and this level lasts until the end of vacations sadly, still I have to plan how to escape and rest, maybe the beach or something, I can do it if it's in the middle of the week, but I have to come back to be in my city in the Saturdays XD, I will see.

I will find something to do in this month and keep reading and practicing my annotations, I hope all turns out ok, anime, movies, books, lets have a great august.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:23 pm

VicmxD wrote:Thanks guys, I kinda have a headache right now since I'm writing these before the lunch, but I'm replying XP, your massages are comforting, it's good to support each other in any situation, now my plan is keep studying the subjects I have to repeat in these vacations, and well, I'm not so free either, since I'm studying Italian, and this level lasts until the end of vacations sadly, still I have to plan how to escape and rest, maybe the beach or something, I can do it if it's in the middle of the week, but I have to come back to be in my city in the Saturdays XD, I will see.

I will find something to do in this month and keep reading and practicing my annotations, I hope all turns out ok, anime, movies, books, lets have a great august.

That is the way Vic, always think positive! Enjoy yourself at that beach!
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Fight on Vic. We may say that the process is more important than the results sometimes, but there are also times when the result is more important than the process.

I'm a lot off what I had to do now. I got back to my hometown (of bad Internet, I don't mean anything bad but the Internet is bad, everywhere), and am now taking a bit of time off. I'm still getting some after-jitters from all the work I had though. And then my WiFi at home was down for a couple of days right after I came back, which is why I was on and off for a bit these few days.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:34 am

Of course, thanks again guys, we have to keep fighting on. At least you are free now Japo, you need a good rest XD, and at least you watch some anime in the process, even with bad internet, it's something, me for now, I'm reading, trying to maintain and strengthen the habit of reading, little by little I hope, I try to read important stuff for my studies and some novels, I'm reading I don't know if you have heard it japo, it's Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (this is a Japanese light novel), if you are interested in the plot, it's something alike (only the "physics" or some laws of it to set an analogy, or it's better to say that the situation in which both are involved is similar), has the inner workings of the movie groundhog day with bill murray, I recommend too the movie, it's a good one XP; I downloaded a long time ago the novel, and hadn't the time to read it, now I can at least.

Keep having a fun summer!
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:13 pm

I want to take some quiet time and just lie down on my bed, do nothing else but maybe read. I only get less than 30 minutes before getting disturbed though, housework, fetching my sisters and whatnot. My family demands a lot of my time, that I must say. It leaves me with little time for myself (really by myself and not bothered by anyone else, and that's what I need). But I will try to savor whatever little time I have for myself, cause I will have to work soon, and my mom has been prompting me to start by next week. I feel like I need more time, cause my mental prowess is still at a level which I can't push my body to work at an optimum level yet, from the previous exhaustion. I burnt out at that time already, way before that Sunday which I had an event (it's a week ago now), and I was pushing way beyond my body limit. It's taking a toll on me, and I can sleep till from 12 midnight to almost 12 noon if no one wakes me up. (I also think that I need to reset my biological time, but my life doesn't allow me to do so)

As for the novel, I've not heard of it before but I'm downloading it now. It seems pretty interesting, and it would be good for me to have some book entertainment. I'm craving for books recently, or actually, anything that I can actually read. It's like I've been thirsty for reading for a long long time, and now that I finally have the chance to read, the thirst feels unquenchable. Thanks Vic.

Have a good summer guys (it's summer all year round for me though Tongue out so yeah, we don't have things like summer breaks)
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:25 pm

I hope everyone is having a great summer and relaxing Smile.

I just can't wait for August 30th so it can be my birthday and I can turn 18 finally. Then summer will sadly be over. Sad It was fun though, got to work quite a bit and got decent hours.

Anyway, in other positive things, I don't know if any of you have visited the support forum recently, but I have earned the Helper rank there. I love helping people and sharing my knowledge of the ACP. It is not an easy job and definitelly takes time for one to master fully.

Have a good summer everyone! :D
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:49 pm

Congrats Brandon on your promotion =P, hum, enjoy your 17 years while they are there XD, don't rush (the 20s it's only a few days ahead), yeah, kinda relaxing these days have been, keep enjoying it.

Japo, have you heard of goodreads?, there you can make your list of read books and search for new ones to read and make a list XP, besides that, I don't have too much from were I can make recommendations, I can only suggest occidental classics: count of monte cristo, divine comedy, don quixote, sherlock holmes, tales from lovecraft and edgar allan poe or agatha christie, the lord of the ring (I'm just throwing names in here). The books realm isn't my fort, still lots of names come to mind, maybe you can look for and read books dedicated to a certain subject, I recommend goodreads since well, you can search for any subject's book, it's a good catalogue/data base and has a community that rates, so you have a guidance there, may the books spirit be with you; also, it shows too comics and manga, regarding comics I can make too recommendations on classics and have to read ones like watchmen, maus, and so on, and maybe I can make a suggestion on Aang the last airbender and star wars comics XP, since those were my last preferences this year, and I don't know much on the world of star wars comics neither, it's immense.

Well see ya guys, have a good day!
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Have good day Vic :D.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:17 pm

Good day guys, today I come with a link, not whatever link, a link to a humorous story on 9gag XP, there are no words to describe how I'm nearly choking right now because of the cough XD; but creating expectations would ruin the story, wouldn't it =P?, I'll just put it here, have a good day http://9gag.com/gag/aKB62AZ?ref=fbp
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:23 am

Sorry that I wasn't here for a bit. Had been fighting with the slow Internet recently. It's so demotivating I've barely touched my laptop.

Congrats Bran, on being promoted to a Helper on the support forum. That community will always need people helping around there, a bit like crowdsourcing, but no one can stay there forever. Lots of people move on, not because they find FM boring or anything, but they want to become better themselves. It's a bit about staying in the comfort zone too long, and thus people will want to move outside of that zone to find and learn new things. I'm just saying that cause I've seen how people have joined and left there, so don't think too hard about it.

I've used GoodReads before but I kinda forgot about it along the way when I was around 16 or 17, when things got really hectic, and I think my old account is still there. There's quite some books that I've been recommended but it's quite hard for me to find em, and I did try to keep a list myself (since I forgot about GoodReads) but I don't know where it went now Whew I'll keep a few of those that you mentioned onto the reading list there, and hopefully I can get my hands on them soon. My campus had a pretty decent library but I couldn't have the time to fully utilize it, though there are also a lot of books that I wanted to read but are not there. Thanks Vic, I'll have to come up with ways to get used to using GoodReads now. I know there's a phone app if I'm not mistaken.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Hello japo, it has been quite some time, hum I believe you could download low resolution anime in your phone and it would look good still XP (since your internet situation, but I'm thinking this without considering that you may had that area covered). If you don't mind, let me recommend 2 more books, a local and universal classic, one hundred years of solitude by gabriel garcia márquez and a song of ice and fire by george r.r. martin, the first is an awesome classic that I haven't finished myself, maybe in some days I will it's quite long, but worth the time, after all it's a novel prize XD, and the latter is a current favorite of mine, a fantasy sort of book but for me is quite realistic in the situations and the epoch it resembles, you may have heard of a game of thrones the series, a really good adaptation to the book (still of course, this last season they changed lots of stuff), and some people is not quite fond of the book because lots of things, I think mainly, maybe I'm wrong (as I haven't or remember having read any critic, still I know a few that aren't fond of the book), the lots of characters dying, the xxx scenes and the crudeness of its reality, but for me that just ads the sense of mortality and realism, the illusion that the future of the book isn't scripted, still it's kinda hard to predict in the beginning.

I have extended quite a bit, and I didn't deepen enough on the first book, still it's my best recommendation of the two, well, enjoy your not so hectic days japo, have a happy reading and take good use of the time, see you guys later!.

Sponsored content

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am