InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

Forgot Password?

Option not recommended on shared computers

Don't have an account yet?

InfinityHub

InfinityHub chat thread

VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 38
    Rep : 4

Reputation points:

InfinityHub chat thread - Page 10 Empty Re: InfinityHub chat thread

Post by VicmxD Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:36 pm

yep, after so much time I'm still having issues managing my time between what I want to do and what I have to do, it's better if the two are intertwined, and I'm laughing at your conversation in your introduction thread Quinn XD, good use of the onions lol, poor pori-chan, his daughter bullies him even with onions XP.
    L_Ouinn
    L_Ouinn
    Posting Spree

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 17
    Rep : 1

Reputation points:

Post by L_Ouinn Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:41 pm

But my daddy is just so cute. How could I resist? Teary
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:11 pm

That is true, no one can resist the cuteness of your father XP, and him denying it is a loss for the world, funny but he should show his cuteness to the world! (world domination plot in here), or keep his cuteness for ourselves Glasses (our precious!, little cutie pie pori-chan Dazzled ).

I'm gonna have breakfast, I may not come back or maybe leave short replies.
    L_Ouinn
    L_Ouinn
    Posting Spree

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by L_Ouinn Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:15 pm

I feel like we should do both, but I'm not really sure if that would work...

I might actually go to bed. Just because I don't have an assignment to crazily complete, doesn't mean I should stay up the same kind of crazy late to ramble on the forum... even though I do enjoy it a lot.

Night Cap~! Have a good breakfast and a good day Buh bye!

Time to jump into my super comfy bed! Shy
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 95
    Rep : 12

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Ugh... I took too long to reply... But here goes...

brandon_g wrote:Japo don't get me wrong, he does come on and does so whenever he can, but he still has less time then most people. The reason (I think) so many forums fail is because the owners make them when they are kids have a ton of time, later on life catches up with you and "no you don't... get up go to school... do your homework... spend 10 minutes on  the computer, then do your chores... shower... go to WORK you lazy bum!" so life totally takes over and people begin to make excuses or use life as an excuse to let their forums die.

This fellow is not like this and neither are you, or myself. I my life is busy too, but I still find time for my forum...always. Plus it helps to not be the only man with all the power (only admin no mods... or mods with restricted powers [cant ban members], etc). If you are not the only one with all the power, you have more help and it is not as stressful. On forum  I have moderators, 1 other admin although he is busy 90% of the time, but there is not much to do admin wise anyway anymore. So I know when I am not around, I will have other staff members who can tend to any issue. That is the key to success. Don't make excuses, don't selfish with power. That is what I believe and it works flawlessy.

I was joking on my end on that but I do know that it's not easy to juggle between life, work, studies, family, and your online interaction. I find the forums are mostly somewhere that's far away from any of the said things, that you need to spend time either interacting with the people on it, or managing it. But I won't really say that being busy due to things other than the forum is an excuse to ignoring your forum, cause it is indeed a responsibility, but there's no way one can choose to neglect any of the others. You don't know how busy you'd become, like I don't know how busy I'd be once I'm in Canada (and I'm already starting to get busy as I start coming back only late in the night).

I'd really like a helper if this forum becomes bigger. It's manageable now cause there's only about 4 to 5 of us that's active. It'll be different once the number grows, not that I'm seeing into that too much for now, but I keep my fingers crossed. I'm someone who doesn't know (or may not even have the ability, ever) to make things interesting. I'm not someone who's smart with making fun things for everyone to do. That's a major reason to why things around me is usually dull. Having someone who can spice things up around me (but most fundamentally, he or she has to have a good understanding of who I am and my personality, and comes to accept and respect me for who I am, and is willing to work with me) is quite important.

Note: I just noticed how that last line sounded so much like someone looking for a life partner. Bwahaha

VicmxD wrote:Japo, so back to studies eh?, you have been missing the pressure XP?. Too much time idle then, I may be in the same situation XD, I hope I can be efficient when I begin my studies beside a lot of newbies XP. I kinda remember those days 3 years ago. days where happiness was flowing and shining in every corner, at least that is how I want to remember it, we are prompt to remember things in their good side so we can keep going ahead.

But man these last weeks have been quite the ride for me, yesterday I think it was one of the most difficult days that I have spent in the short time, even if there was nearly nothing to happened, or exactly because of that, because nothing happened. I'm not one that like to tell his problems in the internet or anybody XD, just a few selected people, but it isn't the time right now, maybe will later in the day.

Been off for too long indeed. I need to pick up my own steam. Just shouldered a couple of club events and competitions (again), reading my linear algebra textbook on my own, helping my friends with their college applications (since I did mine and then my younger friends started asking me about applying to the same university)... Man... I feel like I'm a bit desperate to get busy Whew But I feel happier that way. Being idle is just idle and relaxing but being busy and seeing fruits bearing from my hard work kinda makes me feel better, and that working hard is worth it.

And feel free to complain about daily stuff. Doing that kinda makes one feel better, and you might even find a solution as you yap about it. Or we might have something to share on the same matter that may lead to a good answer, I don't know. Haha... But it's okay to keep it to yourself if you don't feel like it. You guys helped me a lot passing my days so I do wish to help back in some way as well.

L_Ouinn wrote:But my daddy is just so cute. How could I resist? Teary

I don't know how much you find me cute (cause I don't find myself cute in any way) so by all means, my dear daughter, please RESIST! Crying in pain
    And good night by the way Asleep

VicmxD wrote:That is true, no one can resist the cuteness of your father XP, and him denying it is a loss for the world, funny but he should show his cuteness to the world! (world domination plot in here), or keep his cuteness for ourselves Glasses (our precious!, little cutie pie pori-chan Dazzled ).

Oh my... That sounds like a plot for an army of moe-looking characters Shocker
    L_Ouinn
    L_Ouinn
    Posting Spree

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by L_Ouinn Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:29 am

Japorized wrote:I don't know how much you find me cute (cause I don't find myself cute in any way) so by all means, my dear daughter, please RESIST! Crying in pain
    And good night by the way Asleep
    I'll think about it, 父ちゃん. I'll think about it. Glasses
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:09 am

Night Cap~! Have a good breakfast and a good day Buh bye!

Thanks XP, I had a good breakfast and a great day, needed one like this one since some days, it lifted my mood, I saw a friend that I haven't seen since quite the time, lots of time studying and being busy, and I spent part of the afternoon with my friends in sociology, I haven't seen them in group and relaxed in more than 2 weeks and by little time the other occasions, and now I'm just tired, exercises and too much time in the social world can be quite taxing to me, even if I enjoy it XD ( I mostly take an afternoon nap that I didn't had, so yep I was quite tired).

Been off for too long indeed. I need to pick up my own steam. Just shouldered a couple of club events and competitions (again), reading my linear algebra textbook on my own, helping my friends with their college applications (since I did mine and then my younger friends started asking me about applying to the same university)... Man... I feel like I'm a bit desperate to get busy Whew But I feel happier that way. Being idle is just idle and relaxing but being busy and seeing fruits bearing from my hard work kinda makes me feel better, and that working hard is worth it.

And feel free to complain about daily stuff. Doing that kinda makes one feel better, and you might even find a solution as you yap about it. Or we might have something to share on the same matter that may lead to a good answer, I don't know. Haha... But it's okay to keep it to yourself if you don't feel like it. You guys helped me a lot passing my days so I do wish to help back in some way as well.

I can quite understand your desire to do stuff, to be occupied, that is why I maintained myself occupied through my idle time XP, I read the books I had to read in some classes, attended classes, joined the tae-bo, spent days with my family and helped my cousin on his english homeworks.

And I can say that you too helped me by simply chatting to me XP, I may have not brought up the issue I had, but I enjoyed the chat, and had a little help from my friends in here (thinking about the Beatles's song), I can say that I was quite sad that day, but I'm fine and that doesn't take away that I have had some great and happy days these months, but it can't stop from happening some sad ones too.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 47

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Yeah I totally understand Japor, see my forum may not be entirely active on consistent every day basis as far as members go, but there are sperts of increased (very big increase) from members on certain days, this has happened more and more over time. So I personally try to make sure there is a safe and good staff ratio before it is entirelly needed, better to have a sufficient staff then a slightly under staffed team that is pulling their hair out. When someone asks me why I do not do it myself (moderating, admining etc) I reply because I do not want to, I do not want all the power or all the responiblity. Many hands make light work of forum duties. It also gives us more time to interact with members, so we do not have to spend all our time moderating and staffing. I think it is nice, we are never behind on things and for the most part my Moderators are just replying to stuff because there is little that needs to be done, because the many hands have already gotten done.

You are doing great here Japorized, but I would like to point out your lovely forum here has grown in recent months, activity has gone from a slight crawl to a near walk, that is a great start. Before I could check everyday and only find a reply on the 3rd or 4th day, now I check everyday and am still behind on replying. That is a huge improvement. :D

Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:18 am

L_Ouinn wrote:I'll think about it, 父ちゃん. I'll think about it. Glasses
    No you don't have to think about it. Just resist. Sorry

VicmxD wrote:I can quite understand your desire to do stuff, to be occupied, that is why I maintained myself occupied through my idle time XP, I read the books I had to read in some classes, attended classes, joined the tae-bo, spent days with my family and helped my cousin on his english homeworks.

And I can say that you too helped me by simply chatting to me XP, I may have not brought up the issue I had, but I enjoyed the chat, and had a little help from my friends in here (thinking about the Beatles's song), I can say that I was quite sad that day, but I'm fine and that doesn't take away that I have had some great and happy days these months, but it can't stop from happening some sad ones too.

Doing things for myself can quickly become boring, I realize. I need to have a balance between doing things for myself, and for others. And it was a good thing that you have a cousin to teach. I'm slacking off teaching stuff to other people, except math. xD

And glad that just by talking does the trick for you. It's like that sometimes, and I think there's a study that found that people who are sad easily talks more than those who aren't (though I believe that happy people also talk a lot). I guess it's cause they wish to somehow get rid of that feeling that's welling inside of them. Talking to someone does help get you off the blues, might be cause your thoughts are now focused on something else other than the issue that made you sad.

brandon_g wrote:Yeah I totally understand Japor, see my forum may not be entirely active on consistent every day basis as far as members go, but there are sperts of increased (very big increase) from members on certain days, this has happened more and more over time. So I personally try to make sure there is a safe and good staff ratio before it is entirelly needed, better to have a sufficient staff then a slightly under staffed team that is pulling their hair out. When someone asks me why I do not do it myself (moderating, admining etc) I reply because I do not want to, I do not want all the power or all the responiblity. Many hands make light work of forum duties. It also gives us more time to interact with members, so we do not have to spend all our time moderating and staffing. I think it is nice, we are never behind on things and for the most part my Moderators are just replying to stuff because there is little that needs to be done, because the many hands have already gotten done.

You are doing great here Japorized, but I would like to point out your lovely forum here has grown in recent months, activity has gone from a slight crawl to a near walk, that is a great start. Before I could check everyday and only find a reply on the 3rd or 4th day, now I check everyday and am still behind on replying. That is a huge improvement. :D

Hmm... I think what works for me here is that I'd have someone volunteer themselves to become a mod, rather than me scouting for em. This isn't any sort of serious forum but more of a spot to hang out so I don't need someone who has some expertize in any field (though it would still be a plus). And those who volunteer to become mods are generally more well-motivated by the job, though I will still filter and would probably go on a general voting for the person to become a mod. I think having someone whom the community can trust as a mod is very important. It's not easy to manage a whole lot of people if they don't respect or recognize you for who you are. So I think I'll make a post to tell whoever's visiting the forum that we're open for people who wish to become moderators to volunteer themselves.

As for activity, I have to thank Quinn cause she's always got lots to say (or make comebacks xD). She was the Top Poster of the Month for about 2 to 3 consecutive months since she joined the other forum which we mentioned quite a lot. Love having her around cause she can be quite the live wire for the entire forum.
    L_Ouinn
    L_Ouinn
    Posting Spree

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by L_Ouinn Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Japorized wrote:No you don't have to think about it. Just resist. Sorry
    Noooooooo~! That'd make me so very, very sad. Why would you do that to me?! Crying
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:18 pm

there is truth in that, live wire she can be quite, it's really good, uplifting the mood and having a good time.

to talk, Yep it helps a lot, to not feel lonely, to feel acknowledged and understood, to open up the feeling that are repressed in there, to feel loved and nurtured, to ease the pain and the weight, we are a social animal, so we always need another, and there is reciprocity, one day you need help and anther day I may need it too, egoism and true feelings of love and altruism mixed in there.

Of course anyone likes to talk and more when you feel good and happy, you feel free, confident maybe empowered and you may want to share the feeling of happiness with the people, but people who are sad may need to reconnect with someone to feel better so they may search people apt to talk to, and if they don't have anyone close to them, I believe that at least little by little that person could end talking with not only any knowledgeable but strangers (I know people that when they have a problem, everyone already knows it, and not because of gossip, but because he/she did it and pretty fast).
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:12 pm

I love to talk. :D
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:27 am

L_Ouinn wrote:
    Japorized wrote:No you don't have to think about it. Just resist. Sorry
    Noooooooo~! That'd make me so very, very sad. Why would you do that to me?! Crying

Quinn, as your captain godparent (I may remember that I briefly held the title), I say that you are allowed to think about anything you want about your 父ちゃん, I may convince him to accept you and the reality, that he is cute, I will support you!, here, have a ball of thread =3.

brandon_g wrote:I love to talk. :D

Yep I love to talk too, but we have to write XP, (Intended joke), it feels good too to communicate by written word, and I train my english, two birds by one shot =P.

Did I tell you guys that I finally joined a grade on italian?, I spent like 2 years simply reading and doing little stuff about it, and maybe I just needed to do it early when I began sociology, but I feel now that I have to make the best out of the present, and I feel that this is the best time to do what I want to do, when there are less responsibilities at the beginning of the career, maybe later I will do a grade on english to have a certificate that I speak the language.
    L_Ouinn
    L_Ouinn
    Posting Spree

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by L_Ouinn Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:10 am

VicmxD wrote:Quinn, as your captain godparent (I may remember that I briefly held the title), I say that you are allowed to think about anything you want about your 父ちゃん, I may convince him to accept you and the reality, that he is cute, I will support you!, here, have a ball of thread =3.
    Ball of thread~! Jump I love my thread~ Candy Lover That's right, 父ちゃん is super cute and should be known to the world!!!

And talking's great. Sooooooo great. I probably talk too much :D
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:24 am

naaah, your hands are tired instead XP, or your inner mental voice, and writing about that... My inner mental voice in english is nothing compared to my mental voice in spanish and neither near my real voice =O, quite interesting, and I haven't developed a full mental voice in italian.

(sometimes morgan freeman likes to talk in my mind) and today I ate too much chocolate of a birthday cake, too much sweet for my body, I will melt with water...
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:32 pm

I talk even when I am not talking, my mind never stops, it has too many things to think about and too little time to do it. Smile
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:32 pm

yep, everyone has their inner monologue (I'm one that likes to ruminate a lot and ponder on things over and over, I really don't like to leave any spot or variable without being considered if I can think of it, if I'm not tired and then I try it later.), one thing that is really useful for concentration and inner peace is to calm it down, it can be done through mindfulness-meditation, concentrating on your feelings, senses (smell, touch, audition, sight, taste) or even just an Idea (blank-white, anything, the scenery-landscape in which you feel most open and safe).

it can be really relaxing to quiet don't thoughts that aren't useful, those that are just reiterations of what you already solved, so there isn't anything else to do about them than don't worry and let them pass by, and if you need to think over a solution for something it can help to think from another perspective since you got out of the problem and the stress from it, so you can think of another possibilities.

My ideal resolution is to accept those thoughts, solve those that I can, let them pass by when they nag me and think at other perspective that is valid and strongest that those unreal anxieties or to take over accordingly with those, then I wish to learn to bring peace through the quietness of my mind.

Sorry guys, talking too much out of nothing, I'm having a good morning and I feel inspired, didn't expect it.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Hmm... So the chat thread is not about talking... Is it chat-ception, or talk-ception? Confused

Anyways, I'm sorry for being missing for the past two days. I went ahead to help with some Taekwondo work, this time not for the club but for work's sake itself. They have this Point Scoring System (PSS) which my current master is in charge of so I went to help. And I am earning money from this so it's not a free job like I usually do. Tongue out It was fun, watching people getting kicked. Sent Flying

L_Ouinn wrote:Noooooooo~! That'd make me so very, very sad. Why would you do that to me?! Crying
    I realize that that's actually my line but you took it right out of me Touched

That's right, 父ちゃん is super cute and should be known to the world!!!
    How the heck am I cute now? Rage

VicmxD wrote:Did I tell you guys that I finally joined a grade on italian?, I spent like 2 years simply reading and doing little stuff about it, and maybe I just needed to do it early when I began sociology, but I feel now that I have to make the best out of the present, and I feel that this is the best time to do what I want to do, when there are less responsibilities at the beginning of the career, maybe later I will do a grade on english to have a certificate that I speak the language.
    You mean you took something like a language evaluation exam? Good for you! I think it'll be real helpful when you take English.

And I've gotten two PMs regarding becoming a mod but I shall leave it at this sentence for now. I will prepare for it a bit and have it announced maybe in the morning or afternoon (my local time).
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:56 pm

I really was looking for the word at that moment XP, grade, course or lessons, I'm gonna take lessons =P, the complete lessons lasts approximately near 2 years, they are divided in levels, each levels takes up to 2 months more or less and they are 9. I believe they give me a diploma at the end.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Ah, then that's a course then. We have these courses as well, but not as many languages as one might think. We can learn those in certain centres but they offer only some sort of certification of their own.

Is it like a part time thing?
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:27 pm

it's outside my main studies, it's 4 hours a week, and I choose saturdays in the morning, 8:30 to 12:45, they are gonna be some long mornings XD, and more since I used those for jogging in the park.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Hmm... That actually sounds rather healthy. I think it's pretty good but quite tiring if you're not in top form for your jog that day and end up being tired in class.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:52 pm

yep, the thing is that I won't have time to jog, because I went to the park at just the same hour, from 8 to 9. I can jump to all the sides of the city in a moment XP. I will just have to stay with my classes, and see if I have to quit the jogging or place it at another time.

Edit: I can't jump to all the sides in a moment, I just noticed this; and now there is an ongoing reparation of the subway, so we are kinda separated from west-center to the east, so I won't be able to visit my grand parents for a while, I can't go to the park and a lot of other places for a while.

Last edited by VicmxD on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Cool I hope you had fun scoring points Japorized. Also how much did you make if you don't mind me asking?
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:08 pm

I'm so so sorry for not being around here. It's too hectic recently and I'm only getting home at like 10pm everyday now. Things will turn better after the weekend though. I'll try dropping by so see you guys around.

Sponsored content

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm