InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

Forgot Password?

Option not recommended on shared computers

Don't have an account yet?

InfinityHub

InfinityHub chat thread

UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 7
    Rep : 2

Reputation points:

InfinityHub chat thread - Page 17 Empty Re: InfinityHub chat thread

Post by UnicornPrancer Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Pori-chan is alive! Whoooo!!!! :p You have more dedication than I Japo if you can stay up for 24 hours. xD But yeah, let us know what's up with you next time you have a chance to pop up. Happy with squinting
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 47
    Rep : 4

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:24 pm

I noticed posts still sometimes don't go through. I end up double checking to make sure they do.

Anyway how is everyone doing?
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Yeah, I also get the thing with posts from time to time. Not very often though. Other wise I'm fine. A bit chilled as it's sorta cold here but I can't really complain otherwise. You?
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 95
    Rep : 12

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:55 pm

brandon_g wrote:wow 24 hours of coding! What were u coding Japo Smile.
    It was a Hackathon that I joined, with another 3 of my friends, and one of em knows nothing about programming. We programmed a simple prototype of a private social network app, designed for neighborhoods and focused to enhancing relationship between neighbors as well as for improving security by having a united neighborhood.
    But I can tell you that it's similar to the app called NextDoor in the US, which is solely available there for you guys.

VicmxD wrote:well japo, there is nothing else left than to survive, so how that went? the competence (answer even if you come half a year later japo..., and if that happens, write a full post of the things that have happened since your last coming), so how is life, you are alive, I don't know if you are well, how is the bachelor life with a house for you alone, the studies and the visa?

I've been way to busy, to the point where I just somehow broke a bit. I'm a little too tired now, and home is the place where I only sleep, do my laundry and have a very light breakfast before I start off for another crazy day.

Let's first talk about the club that I'm in. I've always said how much I enjoyed being a part of the club and that I'm fortunate enough to serve the people in it. Now I don't think as such as much anymore. I found out that I'm merely a pawn to the instructor here, who has to do things as he sees fit. I've always disliked his way of doing things, but I thought I didn't have to serve for him but for the members only, so I was able to ignore him for a long time. But until recently, there's this issue where the school's student-managing body (not ran by students, unfortunately, and it's not the student council, heck the student council can't even do these things) wanted us to change our club logo. I was thinking that we, the committee, should have a meeting with em to see what their demand is, but the instructor just went ahead and settled it himself, through a few Whatsapp messages no less. I told him that I wanted a more complete way of resolving this since it concerns the image of the club and I thought its something that the committee does, but nope. Turns out that this student-managing body goes to him instead for important matters related to the club.

Now for one thing, I don't know what the executive committee is for if he's the one settling things regarding the management of the club, and resolving any problems that arise so sloppily. There are no documentations, no formal discussions, no executive committee member with him as he resolves this, and he doesn't even tell us what's he gonna do. He explains that this student-managing body will look only for him if any matters arise cause he's the one who's going to be there always, unlike us students who will leave the university sooner or later. I took that into account and considered for a few days, cause it's rational that way, but it still doesn't justify his actions. So I am quite pissed even today.

Second thing is that he's trying to get me into doing everything for the club now, since he sees that I'm capable of handling stuff. The amount of work I have to do now has piled up to the point where I only have the time to study for my quiz or test on the day itself! I have my research assistant work going on already, and I've told him numerous times that I'm busy and I even do my work right at the training venue during training times. But nope, he just throws every single thing at me now. This is not only affecting my studies but also my progress on my visa application as well. That thing is already very stressful, and I can't do much but a little everyday, follow up whenever I need to, but this club thing is taking too much toll and time on and from me. I'm starting to dread going for trainings now thanks to that man.

I've made a decision yesterday night that I'm going to quit working on the current big project already. He made me into leading an event team for a prom-like event. My schedule is just overflowing now, so much that I can't contain any of it. There's even this trip next week that I have to handle. And this prom event is around 3rd Sunday of next month! I only have less than one and a half month for my visa reapplication now. And my final exam for my last semester here is on the 2nd week of July, and I haven't even started my revision. If I get anything below 90, I may get rejected by the university that I'm transferring to.

So yeah, that pretty much sums up what's been happening to me. And in just a month, there are a lot of shit that I've come to realize (yes I have to use that word cause it's not just comparable to that, it is that). I really am tired and sick of where I'm living now. I can't stand the culture of my own people, that has already been established since I went into high school, but now it's only gotten worse. I can't wait to fly away soon. I may seem to be whining a lot now but I've really have had enough. It's a beautiful country that I'm living in, and rather friendly people to talk to or socialize with. But to work with them, just no. I am way too different from them.

brandon_g wrote:I noticed posts still sometimes don't go through. I end up double checking to make sure they do.

Anyway how is everyone doing?

I wonder why that still happens. I want to get rid of it so badly.

UnicornPrancer wrote:Pori-chan is alive! Whoooo!!!! :p You have more dedication than I Japo if you can stay up for 24 hours. xD But yeah, let us know what's up with you next time you have a chance to pop up. Happy with squinting

I think I will perhaps come back here around a week or two later, that is, if I can get myself off that big project I mentioned in the long post above. I can manage coming here even if it's my finals going on, if I can have the time to get a good grip of my studies.

-- Ending note for now --
    Thanks guys, for always being here for me, even though I'm so darn inactive now. Sorry
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 38

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:57 am

Thanks for speaking freely to us XD, and wow man, just wow... I really don't know what to say, it isn't healthy any of it, I just would think to quit the club, it's really draining you, it isn't doing you any good, and that guy is exploiting you, there should be laws to avoid that, you can't do all the job, he can't pass over all of you, I would take in full priority my health, my exam and my visa, you have been doing all you can, but it's too much for your body, and really or there is more people doing the job, or the instructor as he says takes more responsibility on the things there are to do, but you a single human being can't take on all of it, and if he needs you really, he should do all the things for not letting you go, he should be the one pleasing you, you aren't a pawn in that board, you are like the queen, moving all around, solving all the problems, killing all the tigers (as one would say in my country, taking care of several jobs), and the king is comfortably on his seat watching all the guys suffering and dying for his cause.

good luck on your exam, on your visa, and enjoy your life, there isn't any other way around with your culture, but there should be a way for your voice-your opinion and will to be respected, loud and clear. I simply can't believe all you are going through, and if you want to keep doing taekwondo, then maybe just go to practice it and nothing else, or find another dojo (or there should be a way to move in the legal stuff).

By the way, again, thanks for sharing your problems with us, I'm here but I kinda find hard to answer as well, several stuff going on too. Thumbs Up keep yourself alive japo, maybe one day we will see ourselves (the rest of the pack included) and talk a little, but we have to keep ourselves alive XD, strive for your application, your university abroad, a scholarship, the visa, that is your goal, that is your focus, everything else that stands in the way shouldn't be a priority, keep it aside and or solve it in a way that permits you to keep moving to your achievements. see you japo.

Post Data: Maybe I will answer the other threads tomorrow XD, tired as hell, want to sleep, maybe I answer them right now, who knows...
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:17 pm

No problem Japo. That app sounds cool too! Smile
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:49 pm

Yo Japo, thought I answered this. Obviously I didn't. Sorry. :p I agree with Captain though, prioritize your health and studies over what that guy is shoving on you. It's not fair of him to just put everything on you. Focus on getting your visa and exams sorted so you can get out the country and get to what you love!

Also, from my side, I wanna say thanks as well for sharing with us. It's means a lot to me as it shows that you feel you can trust us. In fact, I think we all trust each other anyway but it's still great to see it. :p

@VicmxD as for seeing each other one day, maybe we will. :p I'll invite you all over when I'm in Japan. xD
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Some sweet sweet vacations... Oh I'm dying for it, someday Unicorn, some day, by the way, sorry for not answering before your came, when there is time there is time XP.
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 pm

I go on holiday for 10 days from tomorrow. :p One day though we will all see each other and laugh about all the good times we've had. And yes, Viccy, when there's time, there's time. Not always time enough though it feels like.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Wow it is so quiet here! ;(

Anyway I off to Six Flags Great Adventures today. Will be a ton of fun!
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Been quiet everywhere. Even AOSTs feels abandoned. I feel like a sole citizen. ;_; Where are you guys? Come back... When you have time though. Don't want to be an inconvenience. Have fun Brandon. Happy with squinting
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Sorry unicorn, have fun brandon, man I well like dead weight right now, I just watched the prologue of unlimited bladeworks, to rest a little and I'm answering right now, but this week has been hell on earth, and it's still going, there is left less than a month for the semester to end, so things are pretty rough, really rough, but I'm still alive, so going forward and fighting, that is what there is to do. I will answer promptly if I'm free, like right now, a little respite, I will sleep soon I think, oooooh, I love to sleep XD more than ever.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 am

I'm still alive, it seems, but not without some... what'aya call 'em? Side-effects, after-effects, or is it injuries?
    Anyway, my brain is a mess now, thanks to having juggling all kinds of pointless things. He's still pushing things on me, and more now. It's like, "Johnson this... Johnson that... Johnson these... Johnson those..." (That's the name I'm going with, although my parents never gave me that name. It's easier for people to remember, and it's pretty similar to my Chinese name too) every single day now. I kind of loathe going to the club now. This isn't good.
    And the state of my mind, still healthy, except that I can't think as clearly and quickly as I could now. I hate myself this way, not to say hate per se, but it's just frustrating as hell.

So I've given the full authority of the major event to my Prez now, though I'm still quite worried, but with my brain at this state, I doubt if I can even make it happen. I'm still part of the committee, cause the idea centers on me (but I've explained it quite well to the committee so everyone has an idea of how it should be). And that man is still pestering me.

And then my research assistant work, well, I'm slowing down too (again, my brain), but I'll be handing over the work soon as well, which I hope I can do soon. There's just one last thing that I have to do along with the handover, and I'd be off. I really liked the work, very educational and kinda exciting, but not if I'm in my current state.

I really need some time off everything that I'm involved in now. I think that may help me to "reconstruct" the capabilities of my brain. But time doesn't allow that... My finals are next week.

you aren't a pawn in that board, you are like the queen, moving all around, solving all the problems, killing all the tigers (as one would say in my country, taking care of several jobs), and the king is comfortably on his seat watching all the guys suffering and dying for his cause
    Seriously, this analogy is just too good. Thumbs Up

but there should be a way for your voice-your opinion and will to be respected, loud and clear
    Sadly, there aren't. That's how society here is. If you've got no status, no power, no money, no company, no cars, no houses, and nothing materialistic to either return or just to let people see, your words, opinions, and actions mean nothing. Mistakes bring only self-destruction and damnation, to the point where you can barely stand anywhere within the platform that we call society here.

I'm still resolving the visa issue, and am now planning to pay for my fees and submit with my receipt (and of course, bank statements, still, and whatnot). This would be the last shot before classes commence there. If it still doesn't get through, I will have to move my entry to January 2016, which I kinda hate doing.

Also, from my side, I wanna say thanks as well for sharing with us. It's means a lot to me as it shows that you feel you can trust us. In fact, I think we all trust each other anyway but it's still great to see it. :p
    Crying *touched*

brandon_g wrote:Wow it is so quiet here! ;(

Anyway I off to Six Flags Great Adventures today. Will be a ton of fun!
    It's kinda late for this but have fun Bran!
    And Happy Independence Day in advance!! :D
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Welcome back =P, we coincided, that is good, sorry for your brain =/, but with nutritive meals, healthy oils, fish, lots of rest, physical and mental exercises, it should be back to its former glory =), mine has taken a toll too in these days... at least I had a full night of sleep, at least I'm happy that you delegated some of the duties =o, kill that pest with wire!!! good luck on your exams, rest the time you can rest and do what you have to do.

then in advance happy independence day for brandon too.

See Unicorn, part of the pack is back for a while.

well, going back to my niche of the world, good luck guys, stay healthy and alive
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Thanks guys for the have fun... I did have fun. The only coaster that I really want to ride that I have never ridden (I have been to Six Flags before on several occasions and have rode almost all of the coasters atleast once... Most likely more though), Kingda Kod (I think thats how it is spelled). I get through the line in less then 20 minutes, get on the coaster train, then just my luck... The coaster train behind ours has some techinial difficulties and results in having all of us in our coaster train to be rolled to a side track and made to get off. Then most of us stood there for good 40 minutes, because if they fixed it and you were still on the platform, you could still ride. Whereas if you left you had to go through the line again. I stayed until my group came and got me. Lol it was beginning to rain anyway and they were pretty much going to shut down all the coasters when it rains anyway. It was a wasted wait Sad.

I had fun though. :D

Welcome back Vic and Japo as well!
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:07 am

It has been some time, nearly ending the semester, lets see how it goes, few of us are left, only the most resilient are coming through, lets see if I end up being one of them...

At least you have some fun brandon XP, you did what you could with that coaster, it will be another time maybe, it seems life is quite demanding on some of us in these days, I hope there will come some better times.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:00 am

Yeah had fun. Sure is qiuet here huh?
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:33 pm

I can most likely come back more often by now. My finals are over, I'm doing the last of my research assistant work before the final handover at the end of the month, and I'm also being the guy-behind-the-scenes for the event that I was making with my team. That's the only two things that I'm engaged in now.

I'm now thinking of applying for my visa from a new perspective. Some people have consistently told me that I don't have to rush going to Canada for my studies, and that I should really take it easy and go in Spring 2016 instead, but I've always neglected that possibility, cause I think I didn't want to graduate too late in my younger days. But since my country's doing very badly now (there's the weak currency, and a stupid prime minister who's now accused by the WSJ for corruption), it may be wiser to slow down on my transfer and see if it gets better later on. It's 1USD to nearly RM3.9 now, and it was only about 1USD to RM3 last October.
    As so, I'm still deciding... But I'm more inclined to defer my semester in Canada now.

I just checked on the Six Flags, Bran. It seems like a pretty big amusement park company. Is it only available in the US?

VicmxD wrote:Welcome back =P, we coincided, that is good, sorry for your brain =/, but with nutritive meals, healthy oils, fish, lots of rest, physical and mental exercises, it should be back to its former glory =), mine has taken a toll too in these days... at least I had a full night of sleep, at least I'm happy that you delegated some of the duties =o, kill that pest with wire!!! good luck on your exams, rest the time you can rest and do what you have to do.

then in advance happy independence day for brandon too.

See Unicorn, part of the pack is back for a while.

well, going back to my niche of the world, good luck guys, stay healthy and alive

My brain's better now, though I still have sleeping problems. I can fall asleep, with a bit of struggle but I can now. But I still wake up feeling worse than not sleeping. I may want to have a full day of sleep to reset my sleep cycle... Maybe I can do that someday around now.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Six flags is mainly in the usa, not sure if they are only there or not. They may be in other countries but not sure on that.

As for the currency thing, don't you just love politicians! Tongue out
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:02 pm

Ah I see.
    For the currency, it's related to how much foreigners are willing to invest in your country by buying your currency. Since my dear minister practically thwarted his own back road, it's kinda hard to win back the trust of foreign investors for them to continue investing in our country. In other words, we (the Malaysians) are screwed cause our government. Seriously, we didn't even vote for these people (I mustn't assume but there are simply too many evidence and weird unexplainable "coincidences" that points to their benefit during the elections, and half of the nation is singing for a change) and we get screwed...
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:04 am

Sounds similar to the Greece situation right now, minus the corrupt government.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:51 am

Our government is actually corrupted, and it's shown everywhere but no one in the country can ever dig up too much info (before something happens to their lives). But we're not to the point where Greece is now, since we haven't slumped to the point of a collapse, though I will only keep these words for until now. We may become like Greece someday if the problem lingers any further. And unlike Greece, we don't have a Eurogroup-like figure to support us (I don't think the ASEAN body has the ability to pull of something of this scale).
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:56 pm

Yeah the sitautions are similar, but not the same, Greece's issue got to the point its at due to previous government leaders' ignorance and negilience, they knew about the issue, yet decided not to fix it before it even became a problem and instead cover it up. The current government is now left (and forced) to clean their predecessors mess. At this point I would be better off starting thier own currenfy, even if it means they will uave to struggle for awhile. As of right now it is a never ending problem for them, even if they get out of it this time, it probably will happen again. This is the 3rd time afterall. They are better off starting over.
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Hey guys. Not dead. Though I do feel like it. Been studying for my exams now. Why they have to take up so much time? And I rediscovered Skyrim so there went another 22 hours in the past week. Hopefully I can be active again. The hardest one was our first and we wrote it today so let's hope. :p
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:24 am

brandon_g wrote:Yeah the sitautions are similar, but not the same, Greece's issue got to the point its at due to previous government leaders' ignorance and negilience, they knew about the issue, yet decided not to fix it before it even became a problem and instead cover it up. The current government is now left (and forced) to clean their predecessors mess. At this point I would be better off starting thier own currenfy, even if it means they will uave to struggle for awhile. As of right now it is a never ending problem for them, even if they get out of it this time, it probably will happen again. This is the 3rd time afterall. They are better off starting over.
    I just read that they have recently signed some policy with Eurogroup and the media seems to portray the image that the issue has been resolved. I wonder how much of that is true...

UnicornPrancer wrote:Hey guys. Not dead. Though I do feel like it. Been studying for my exams now. Why they have to take up so much time? And I rediscovered Skyrim so there went another 22 hours in the past week. Hopefully I can be active again. The hardest one was our first and we wrote it today so let's hope. :p
    Welcome back Prancey. Go kill those papers, and yes, 'kill' is the word I like to use for any exams that I'm writing. It sounds more... game-like... which makes it more entertaining. Bwahaha

Sponsored content

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:38 pm